Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Next Contract

Yesterday, the children's ministry leader from Emmaus Road Church, Danya Venjohn, met with me at Park to get the ball rolling on VBS. (Save the date: August 3-7) She encouraged Park to be ready to provide VBS families with "WHAT'S NEXT." She explained that her husband is in marketing and, while each contract secured is wonderful, the first thought upon achieving that one is "What can we provide the customer that will secure the NEXT contract?"

I could tell that I hadn't been thinking strategically for the kingdom, because this came to me as a surprise. I throw out this thought for prayer and consideration by our ministry team. Of course, we don't need job security, but neighbors need OUR SOURCE OF SECURITY. Pray that we might form and "leverage" relationships through the Vacation Bible School experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment